I. Personal and Document Translations
Document translation is the process of converting written text from one language into another. Personal Translations are official and non-official documents of an individual that need to be translated for different reasons
Types of Personal and Document Translations
- Immigration translation: documents that need to have authenticated (certified) translation for visa application or residence / work permit.
- Educational credentials translation: certificates and other credentials issued by educational institutions.
- Medical and Vaccination records: you may need your medical certificates, immunization records translated to a target language.
- Birth, Marriage and Death Certificates: you may be required to have these documents translated for different purposes. We assure your translated document is an accurate reflection of your original document.
- Curriculum Vitae and job applications: We help you get your CV and job application translated to the language your prospective employer better understands.
II. Business and Corporate Translations
Corporate translations services consist of the translation of documents related to business communication: Translation of correspondence, business agreements, accounting documents.
Business and Corporate Translations are generally projects that require us to use our special expertise that best fits the client’s request and needs. We involve our area specialist translators who has the specific technical or academic knowledge. These type of documents need extra care and meticulous preparation before the translation process starts. A team of experts in the field may sit together to develop appropriate glossaries in consultation with the client. The processes know-how and methodologies, niche skills and experience must all be integrated to define the content of the target so that it can reflect exactly the source.
Here is a list of translation services we can provide for our corporate clients:
- Audio and video translations – dubbing, translation of recorded speech, subtitling, voice-over, and transcription. We are able to provide the final products from our own recording studio in the format specified by the client.
- Brochure translations – general term used to describe all sorts of translation related to promotion materials: i.e. brochures, leaflets, company profile, flyers, posters etc. These translations can be a combination of technical, legal, medical, marketing and scientific content. Such kind of translation need translators who have a copy writing skills and understanding. Typesetting and DTP experts as well as proofreaders are also essential to have the best results, at the end of the translation process.
- Insurance and legal translations – insurance and legal jargons are the challenges here. We make sure the translators we assign here can fully understand the legal context, connotations, concepts and legal writing styles. Except the exotic languages, translators with minimum LLB first degree work on such documents. Memorandum of Association, Articles of Association, bylaws, corporate policies, joint-venture agreements, court decisions, warranty documents, and the like fail in this category.
Multilingual typesetting – a specialized domain we take care of font usage, layout conventions and design aesthetics for each language assigned to us by the client. In addition, it is kind of activity we
- need to prove our skills in software usage and our know-how to produce professional quality artwork in the languages involved.
- Patent translations – Patent translation is the process of translating a patent application into another language so an international audience can access the information about the invention. This is especially important in the modern global landscape where businesses increasingly compete on the worldwide stage. Our translators are trained in the special requirements for such kind of projects. As the texts used here are full of highly technical matters, it is necessary for the translator to possess specialist technical expertise. In cases where such translator is not available, we work together with the client to orient and train assigned translators and reviewers.
- Technical translations – these are projects that usually require us to undertake typesetting the translated document into graphic design artwork. Under technical translations, we may categorize business and finance translations, training materials and manuals, medical documents, etc.
- Website translation services – Although the term used here imply the translation of text from one language to another, we understand we have to go beyond and above the request of the client. This is rather a copy-writing task in which we need to verify the desired impact is created on the target culture through careful adaptation. Technical requirements related to Webmaster are also things that need careful consideration.
Localization is the adaptation of a product or service, usually involving technological intervention, to meet the needs of a particular language, culture or desired population’s “look-and-feel.”
Localization (also referred to as l10n) can be defined as the process of adapting a certain product or service to a specific locale. The aim of localization is to give a product or service the look and feel of having been created specifically for a target market, no matter their language, cultural preferences, or location. It should not be used as a synonym to translation. Of course, translation is one of the components needed to fully accomplish a localization project. Apart from translation, Localization involves the following undertakings:
- Adapting and modifying content with the aim of respecting the tastes and consumption habits of the targeted locale
- Adapting design and layout that appropriately manifest the translated text in the language of the
- Adapting formats for date and time, addresses, numbers, currencies, etc. for the specific target locale
- Adapting graphics to suit the expectations and sensitivities of a target locale
- Adapting sorting functions to the alphabetical order of a specific locale target locale
The Localization project is a full package that comprises the following tasks, which are interlinked:
- Bug fixing (pre-production, during production, and post-production)
- Localization testing
- Software engineering
- Software localization
- Software translation
- User Acceptance testing
Examples of Localization:
At Ethiostar Translation and Localization Company, we are so enthusiastic in tracking brands excel with their content localization and role model in shattering language barriers to increase their influence in the global markets.
Popular examples of well-crafted localization strategies are Coca-Cola (ኮካ ኮላ), Microsoft, and Nike. The following are also notable at the international level for their great achievement through the usage of effective localization projects.
The World Wide Fund for Nature (WWF): is a great example of how one can command activism through information and knowledge, as well as how localization can benefit these awareness campaigns.
Airbnb: managed to spread its presence across 220 countries and disrupt the massive hospitality industry by providing a personal touch to every interaction. Their website and app are available in 62 different languages.
Netflix: champions in their domain by providing users with the content they want, and this theme carries throughout their platform from movie recommendations on the homepage down to translated subtitles.
IV. Customized and Additional Translations
Customized and Additional Translations
- Content Writing Services: providing services such as blog writing for websites, web content writing, marketing material content, white papers, research articles, proof reading services, infographic content, social media content, press releases, product descriptions, copywriting services, and many more.
- Copy-editing: A copy editor makes sure that a text is readable, accurate and ready for publication. They work on publications of all kinds, including books, newspapers and magazines. They may check text to ensure it is well written and logically structured; it has correct grammar and spelling.
- Copy-writing: Copywriting is the act or the occupation of writing text for advertising or other forms of marketing. The product, called copy or sales copy, is a written text (content) that aims to increase brand awareness and ultimately persuade a person or group to take a particular action (purchase the product or service being advertised).
- Proofreading Services: you may have ready to publish document for instance a book that you wrote. Our proofreaders help you to find out if anything goes wrong during typesetting by the printing press or your reviewer and you skipped during your review before sending the document for translation. We have observed many publications in Ethiopia lack professional final proofreader touches.
- Desktop Publishing: the production of printed matter by means of a desktop computer having a layout program that integrates text and graphics. For general publications and graphics (newsletters, magazines, brochures, small booklets, posters, and flyers), we may use Adobe InDesign, Adobe PageMaker and very rarely QuarkXPress. For long, multi-chapter documents (books, journals, academic publications, and manuals), it is better to use Corel Ventura, Adobe InDesign, Adobe FrameMaker, and QuarkXPress. Finally for publications with tabular material (scientific publications, technical and statistical publications, and data- intensive publications), Corel Ventura, Adobe FrameMaker, Adobe InDesign, and QuarkXPress may best suit our client’s needs.
V. Interpretation Services
Interpreting is the facilitation of spoken or signed language communication between users of different languages.
Interpretation is the process of rendering a spoken or signed message into another spoken or signed language, preserving the meaning and intent of the source language. Our Interpreters are ready to work in hospitals, conferences, courts, zoom-meetings and other similar online platforms for the legal and government sectors, and in institutions of higher learning.
There are three major kinds of interpreting.
- Consecutive Translation: the interpreter speaks after the source language speaker has stopped speaking. Telephone interpretation is an example of this. Our interpreters, without the need to travel, using their phones, can help our customers in the US, Europe or other parts of the world communicate with their PHP, GP, lawyer etc…
- Simultaneous Translation: the interpreter listens and renders the message in the target language at the same time as the speaker is speaking.
- Sight Translation: oral delivery of a written text.
Interpreters are of course expected to quickly and carefully convey the meaning, tone, and intent of the original message in the target language in all the above scenarios. Interpreting requires excellent language proficiency, exceptional memory, the ability to quickly analyze and transfer messages between languages, and adherence to professional ethics and standards of practice. As discussed above, interpreting can be performed face-to-face and remotely. Remote interpreting requires technological platforms to facilitate telephonic and video multilingual communication (i.e. Zoom, Skype, Google Hangouts etc.).
VI. Extra services we provide for our customers:
We have unique service packages aimed at ensuring you save your time and money by ordering us without any need to move from the comfort of your work place or residence:
* Online translation service and legal transaction thereof
* Getting your documents translated and authenticated
* Free telephone language and translation consultation
Transforming the World of Professional Translation
Your job is to trade globally and launch new products or services in local and foreign markets. Our job is to translate your content so your business can reach more clients.
Ethiostar Translation and Localization Company offers services over multiple specializations with capacity to adapt your documentation, advertisements and promotional materials, software, website and online content into major Asian, East African, and European languages and vice versa; helping you to attract new sales, expand your business, and communicate better locally and worldwide.
We Offer a Wide Range of Translation Services
Ethiostar Translation and Localization Company commits to highly trained translators in Ethiopia and in East Africa; they are in turn dedicated to providing our clients with the best translations.
You can pick from multiple language translation services we provide. Our team will make sure your translated content communicates clearly to your customers.